Today’s Topic & What You’ll Learn
- How goals are not always easy to set
- What my goals this year are
- Ways you can start making your own goals
Mama Robbins Series
- Monetize My Blog – By 2020 I want to have started making money off my Blog. I don’t care if it’s even just a few dollars a month. Any income is a success for me. My goal with monetizing is to afford to create e-courses or materials to help others. However, I will not be charging the crazy amounts other people see. I’ve watched and studied so many online tutorials, e-courses, webinars, etc., and they ALL have an end result of “click here and purchase” with a price tag that I feel is ridiculous. The average course is around $600 with the ones I have watched and have hit a max price of $3059 for one of them. After only watching a Webinar, how do I trust your material is worth it? I get the money back guarantee, but sometimes the hassle is not worth my efforts. That is a LOT of money to risk – so I want to price more in a range the “start-up” can even afford. I feel when your mindset is more to help people than to profit, it’s a win-win!
- Twitter Followers to 2000 – This is self explanatory – I promote a lot of my blogs on Twitter, but moreso I engage with my audience. I reach other to others and ask for advice, help others who I see need it and also get a lot of “Special Feathers Bloggers” from promoting here. My Twitter Family right now is unbelievable. They are all extremely genuine people and no one talks down or degrades anyone. If I see any negative feedback on my feed, DELETE! It’s that simple.
- Understand & Optimize Pinterest – This whole Blogging thing has been a learning curve on it’s own. I’ve also learned Pinterest has grown to be one of the top locations to gain traffic with your Blog – so I need to learn the in’s and out’s of Pinterest and take advantage of directing others to my work! I recently starting using Tailwind and this has been a LIFESAVER! It allows me to auto post for the week so I can focus on what really matters. My content!
- Qualify for AdSense – This may seem strange, but I want to be able to post and use AdSense on my Website. However, after applying recently, my content is not yet up to par with their regulations. Once I get a few more posts and hash out some more details on the layout, I hope to qualify to start advertising!
- Be Consistent With Blog Posting – As I’m sure you all know, consistency is key with anything you do in life. Blogging is no exception. I want to make sure regardless of what happens I can post at least ONCE a week. I don’t think that is too much to ask of myself. I understand I have three kids under 8, and a full-time job come November, but finding time is a priority for me. Right now my posting schedule is Wednesdays (Throw Back – Old post republished) and Fridays (Friday Frenzy – New Blogs)
- Obtain my RIBO (Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario) License (again) – Technically at this moment I already this license and it is valid. However, after having a baby I will end up letting it lapse as I’m not employed with an insurance brokerage at this time. So…around September I will start studying to take my exam and expect to be “relicensed” by November.
- Start Working For Insurance Company – I am currently employed with a car dealership. Not where I want my career to go. So I have a potential job lined up with an Insurance Brokerage I’ve wanted to work for years! Due to some initiative on my part, I may have got myself an in! This is a crazy story. Quick – Essentially I saw a job posting online and new I couldn’t apply because I was able to go on maternity leave. I went to their website, posted a comment how I wished I could have applied and expected nothing. Few days later I got an email from the manager asking if I would be intersted in taking some time to have a phone interview. That week we completed the phone interview where we discussed me coming in during the summer for an in-person interview. I followed up a few weeks ago and guess what???!!! My interview is scheduled for May 7, 2019. Talk about something happening when I did not expect it to!
- Buy My Husband Car – He is a mechanic. Anyone who knows a mechanic or is married/with one will know they run those things to the ground! The one he has is falling apart. So I would like to get him another “used” car before Summer. The type is all on him. Likely a standard because he is picky.
- Have An Emergency Fund – Yes I currently have a savings account, but it isn’t anywhere near what I would like it to be. I would like to have an emergency fund that has 3 months of living expenses should the worst happen. This would be the end goal. For now, as hubby and I are both on parental leave, 1/3 of that amount will do for the end of the year. ($2500)
- Visit Parents For Christmas – This one seems like it should be simple, but requesting time off from a new employer can sometimes be challenging. Especially it will be for one week! My parents live in Northern Ontario and it’s a 7 hour drive from where I am. If you know much about me, I’m huge into family time and being together.
- Create Business Cards – As part of my Blogging, I feel business cards would be a nice touch. I have people bring up topics I speak of on my blog and I find it would be much easier to have cards to hand out with my information instead of writing it down on paper all the time.
- Write A Book (Rough Draft) – I’m not sure on the direction this one is going. I’ve had a few great ideas on a few children books. Think about it…my Business name is Mama Robbins Series – This gives me the opportunity to write a “series” of books and will work well into my blogging.
- Start Vlogging (YouTube Channel – May 2019) – This will be to add a personal touch to my brand. I want my followers to see the real me. Have you ever heard an author speak and every book you read after that it’s almost like you can hear them talking? I want my audience to really hear me when they read my Blogs. Plus, it will be great for those who don’t like to read!
These are just a handful of goals I would like to achieve THIS YEAR. My actual Goal List is comprised of 90 Goals right now. That’s an insane amount. They range from getting certified in specific programs, to vacations, to simply being a better mom. Like I mentioned before, goal setting has never come easy for me but ensuring I make them and write them down is key to success. A lot of us set limits on what we think we can achieve in life and we need to get
I hope reading some of my basic goals for 2019 have started a thought process of your own. What do you want to achieve this year? Where would you like to see yourself in the next 30 days, 12 months, 2 years, 5, 10 or even 20? Start out with 10 goals and constantly build on them. You should evaluate this on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis and never stop adding to your list.
If you would like to read more about specifics on how to make a goal, how to plan, setting deadlines and how to execute, head over to my Blog on “When Did We Stop Dreaming”. Also, if you feel you are struggling to make your goals or have no idea where to start….email me and I can coach you, FOR FREE, how to go after what you want.
Make your dreams and desires come to life…one step at a time.